The goal of the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association's Environmental Program is to serve as the industry resource for environmental concerns. We keep poultry leaders abreast of the latest federal regulations and provide technical expertise to help maintain and grow a healthy food supply.
USPOULTRY keeps poultry leaders abreast of the latest federal regulations and provides technical expertise to help maintain and grow a healthy food supply.
Use these expandable panels to access resources for regulatory issues.
Clean Water Act - Waters of the U.S.
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Notification of Compliance Status
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Area Source Standards for Prepared Feeds Manufacturing; Amendments
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Informational Sheet
- Industrial Wastewater GHG Monitoring Checklist
- EPA Rule Requiring Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gasses - Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- Initial GHG Reporting Rule - Issued Oct. 30, 2009
- EPA's Air Consent Agreement Presentation
- Industry Petition
- NESHAP Area Source Standard for Prepared Feeds Manufacturing Final Rule
- NESHAP Area Source Standard for Prepared Feeds Manufacturing - Feb. 21, 2012
On March 23, 2018, the Consolidation Appropriations Act was signed into law. Title XI of that law, otherwise known as the Fair Agricultural Reporting Method Act, amended CERCLA section 103(e) to exempt air emissions from animal waste at a farm from reporting under CERCLA. Poultry and egg producers are no longer required to submit emissions reports from the breakdown of animal waste.
EPA's interpretation of EPCRA Section 304 has led them to rule that the CERCLA reporting exemption also extends to the requirement to report under EPCRA Section 304. On Nov. 14, 2018, EPA published a proposed rule to amend the emergency release reporting regulations under the EPCRA statute. The proposed amendment will add a reporting exemption for air emissions from animal waste at farms. While EPA reviews comments submitted on this proposal amendment, EPA has indicated EPCRA emergency release reports are not required.
1530 Cooledge Road
Tucker, GA 30084-7303
- Affiliated States
- Air Cargo Committee
- Hen Council
- Industry Partners
- Poultry Protein & Fat Council
- USPOULTRY Foundation