The goal of the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association's Environmental Program is to serve as the industry resource for environmental concerns. We keep poultry leaders abreast of the latest federal regulations and provide technical expertise to help maintain and grow a healthy food supply.
Poultry Wastewater Operator Training Program
The U.S. Poultry & Egg Association has developed a Poultry Wastewater Operators Training Program. The course introduces students to the regulatory structure governing poultry plant effluents; provides a primer in math, chemistry, and microbiology; and covers the predominant equipment and systems used to properly treat poultry effluent prior to discharge. The course is primarily geared toward operators and supervisors involved in poultry wastewater treatment for two years or less. The course will be led by Paul Bredwell, vice president, environmental programs, U.S. Poultry & Egg Association. All attendees are awarded a certificate of completion.
Key Program Points
- No class is currently scheduled. The next Wastewater training class will be announced 6-8 weeks prior to class date.
- Class size is limited to 20 people. Registrations are processed on a first-come first-served basis.
- Sessions are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. on day one, and from 8:30 a.m. - approximately 3:30 p.m. on day two.
- The enrollment fee is $195 per person for USPOULTRY member company representatives and $390 per person for nonmember company representatives. The fee covers lunch on both days.
- If you are interested in scheduling a class and you have a minimum of 8 individuals who will attend or if you have suggestions where future classes should be held, please contact Paul Bredwell.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if there is insufficient registration.
Wastewater Operators Manual
Process Flow Diagrams
Avoid common errors and provide maximum operational flexibility by reading the following documents before you file for your permit.
1530 Cooledge Road
Tucker, GA 30084-7303
- Affiliated States
- Air Cargo Committee
- Hen Council
- Industry Partners
- Poultry Protein & Fat Council
- USPOULTRY Foundation