Egg Handling and Preparation Tips
GENERAL EGG HANDLING
- Refrigerate at 45°F immediately after delivery. Never store at room
- Store shell eggs in their case.
- Store away from strong odors (foods such as fish, apples, cabbage or onions).
SCRAMBLED EGGS PREPARATION AND HANDLING
- Use only clean, uncracked eggs.
- Wash hands. Use only clean, sanitized utensils and equipment.
- Do not reuse a container after it has had raw egg mixture in it. Clean
and sanitize thoroughly before using again.
- Use Grade AA or A eggs for scrambling as they are less likely to discolor
- Cook in small batches (no larger than 3 quarts) according to rate of
- Cook thoroughly until there is no visible liquid egg.
- Never leave at room temperature more than 1 hour (including preparation
BUFFET HOLDING TIPS
- Hold at 140°F or higher for no longer than 30 minutes.
- Do not combine eggs that have been held in a steam table pan with a
fresh batch of eggs. Always use a fresh steam table pan.
- To avoid greening of scrambled eggs during steam table holding, add
lemon juice or citric acid crystals to the egg mixture before cooking.
1460 Renaissance Drive
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068